In this Black History Month resource bundle, there is an informational reading passage based on 25 different famous African American leaders, influential individuals and other topics relevant to Civil Rights and African American history. If your classroom is like mine, there are readers all over the spectrum, yet it is vital that all students understand these important concepts. I've created each passage on three different reading levels to make differentiation much easier!
•Differences Between the North & the South
•John Brown’s Raid
•Harriet Beecher Stowe
•Civil Rights (general)
•George Washington Carver
•Nat Love & The Black Cowboys of Texas
•Martin Luther King, Jr.
•Assassinations of the 1960s
•Lyndon B. Johnson
•John F. Kennedy
•Mary McLeod Bethune
•Booker T. Washington
When new passages are written that would apply to this bundle, they will be added as a bonus for you!
$Why should I purchase this passage set?$
• Textbooks aren't what they used to be...if we have them at all. Often textbooks are written well above grade level and simply aren't interested. I use my love of history to make passages engaging and informative for all levels of readers!
• Teach across the curriculum! Show your administration how you integrate and differentiate by implementing during guided reading groups, center time, or in a regular social studies block
• Perfect for last-minute print & go sub plans, morning work, & homework
• In my own classroom, they are often used at the end of a unit for review, as study guides, and even test prep
• Have students with accommodations? Instantly assess them at THEIR LEVEL while meeting IEP goals!
How Does This Resource Make Me A Better Teacher?
• Your time is precious & the standards are plentiful
By integrating across content whenever possible, you save time and your students see connections across the curriculum!
• Differentiated Instruction is no longer optional-it is a must! There is no one-size-fits-all classroom. These passages are an easy way to check that off of your never-ending teacher to-do list!
• Reach your entire class with the same quality content. Each student in your class deserves a fair chance at the content. Let their passion for science and social studies thrive, regardless of their reading ability. While passages appear very similar, I can assure you hours of researching and writing have occurred on my behalf to ensure that each level is appropriate for your learners.
Thanks for your support & Happy Teaching!-Bowtie Guy & Wife
© 2018 Bowtie Guy This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.