Need a quick activity or assignment on America in World War II? Included is a Differentiated Reading Passage leveled three different times (Guided Reading Levels N, Q, and R) & accompanying activities will ask students to fill in the blank, circle multiple choice questions, fill in a timeline based on the passage, and answer a writing prompt about America in World War II.
Lexiles/Guided Reading Approximations: N-Q-R
$Why should I purchase this passage set?$
• Textbooks aren't what they used to be...if we have them at all. Often textbooks are written well above grade level and simply aren't interested. I use my love of history to make passages engaging and informative for all levels of readers!
• Teach across the curriculum! Show your administration how you integrate and differentiate by implementing during guided reading groups, center time, or in a regular social studies block
• Perfect for last-minute print & go sub plans, morning work, & homework
• In my own classroom, they are often used at the end of a unit for review, as study guides, and even test prep
• Have students with accommodations? Instantly assess them at THEIR LEVEL while meeting IEP goals!
How Does This Resource Make Me A Better Teacher?
• Your time is precious & the standards are plentiful
By integrating across content whenever possible, you save time and your students see connections across the curriculum!
• Differentiated Instruction is no longer optional-it is a must! There is no one-size-fits-all classroom. These passages are an easy way to check that off of your never-ending teacher to-do list!
• Reach your entire class with the same quality content. Each student in your class deserves a fair chance at the content. Let their passion for science and social studies thrive, regardless of their reading ability. While passages appear very similar, I can assure you hours of researching and writing have occurred on my behalf to ensure that each level is appropriate for your learners.
*Geared toward the following Georgia Fifth Grade Social Studies Standards but NOT specific.
SS5H6 The student will explain the reasons for America’s involvement in World War II.
a. Describe Germany’s aggression in Europe and Japan’s aggression in Asia.
b. Describe major events in the war in both Europe and the Pacific; include Pearl Harbor, Iwo Jima, D-Day, VE and VJ Days, and the Holocaust.
c. Discuss President Truman’s decision to drop the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
d. Identify Roosevelt, Stalin, Churchill, Hirohito, Truman, Mussolini, and Hitler.
e. Describe the effects of rationing and the changing role of women and African Americans; include “Rosie the Riveter” and the Tuskegee Airmen.
f. Explain the U.S. role in the formation of the United Nations.
Thanks for your support & Happy Teaching!-Bowtie Guy & Wife
© 2018 Bowtie Guy This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.