In this Social Studies leveled text bundle, there are 21 differentiated nonfiction DIGITAL reading passages about U.S. Government. This includes a passage set (of 3 differentiated texts) for the 3 branches of government, levels of government, along with other relevant topics that your students need to know. You will receive links to access the passages via Google Slides. If you do not use Google Classrooms or plan to use this resource via Google Slides, this resource is not for you!
It is differentiated for your high, mid, and lower level students. Integrate social studies content with your reading texts and meet each reader's needs with this set. There are several types of questions included for further differentiation and teacher preference. Students may fill in the blank, circle multiple choice questions, fill in a timeline based on the passage, or answer a writing prompt.
*PLEASE*, Check Out THE PRODUCT PREVIEW for information regarding each topic to give you a better idea of what you will receive! There are high, medium, and low passages designated by a square, triangle, and circle in the top left corner of every passage for easy & discreet coding for the teacher, while students all appear to have the same assignment. Perfect for guided reading small groups, homework, assessments, sub plans, no prep center or literacy station work, and independent practice--at each student's own level! This resource perfectly aligns with newly revised Georgia Standards of Excellence for third grade but is written for any teacher or homeschooling parent across the United States to use and enjoy with their students!
• Textbooks aren't what they used to be...if we have them at all. Often textbooks are written well above grade level and simply aren't interested. I use my love of history to make passages engaging and informative for all levels of readers!
• Teach across the curriculum! Show your administration how you integrate and differentiate by implementing during guided reading groups, center time, or in a regular social studies block
• Perfect for last-minute print & go sub plans, morning work, & homework
• In my own classroom, they are often used at the end of a unit for review, as study guides, and even test prep
• Have students with accommodations? Instantly assess them at THEIR LEVEL while meeting IEP goals!
• Your time is precious & the standards are plentiful
By integrating across content whenever possible, you save time and your students see connections across the curriculum!
• Differentiated Instruction is no longer optional-it is a must! There is no one-size-fits-all classroom. These passages are an easy way to check that off of your never-ending teacher to-do list!
• Reach your entire class with the same quality content. Each student in your class deserves a fair chance at the content. Let their passion for science and social studies thrive, regardless of their reading ability. While passages appear very similar, I can assure you hours of researching and writing have occurred on my behalf to ensure that each level is appropriate for your learners.
Thanks for your support & Happy Teaching!-Bowtie Guy & Wife
© 2019 Bowtie Guy This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.